Winner(s) will receive the opportunity to take a Detroit Red Wing player to their classroom.
Students in grades 2-6 are eligible. No purchase necessary. See contest rules below for details.
National Coney Island “Take A Red Wing to School Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: National Coney Island “Take a Red Wing to School” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to parents/legal guardians who are legal residents of the State of Michigan (“Participant”) who have children who are in second through sixth grade and attend a school within thirty (30) miles of Little Caesars Arena. All entries must be submitted by a Participant on behalf of a child (“eligible child”). Employees of Detroit Red Wings, Inc., Olympia Entertainment, Inc., the National Hockey League, and its Member Clubs, Sponsor and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of said employees are not eligible. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: National Coney Island, 27947 Groesbeck, Roseville, MI 48066
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins, Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 12:00pm EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, December 15, 2017.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
Online: Participant may be required to have the internet. To enter the Sweepstakes, each Participant needs to complete the entry form at http://www.nationalconeyisland.com/take-a-redwing-to-school.php. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different, identities, registrations or any other methods will void that Participant's entries and that Participant may be disqualified. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/different accounts, identities or any other methods may void that participant’s entry. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
In-Store: Participant may enter the sweepstakes at Metro Detroit National Coney Island locations and complete the in-store entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any intentional attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different identities, email addresses, or any other methods will void all of that participant's entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. DRAWINGS: Two (2) first place winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries on December 18, 2017. The potential Winner(s) will be notified via email or telephone. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor’s decisions on matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final. Non-compliance with these rules may result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected.
6. PRIZES: The Winners will receive the following prize: (1) Detroit Red Wings Player school appearance for 45-60 minutes with a maximum classroom size of 40 students and $100 in gift certificates to National Coney Island. Total ARV: $500. The retail value or actual value of the prizes will not be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that the prize is unavailable due to any factor beyond the Sponsor reasonable control.
7. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsor are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sponsor and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the sweepstakes, the Sponsors not responsible for the actions of Participants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including Participants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to Participant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using the Sweepstakes Site. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason including by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in its sole discretion to select a new potential winner from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes appropriately. All taxes in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099, or other appropriate tax document, in the event the average retail value requires Sponsor to submit such form. Prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Each Prize Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes and unless prohibited by law, each potential prize winner agrees to grant to the Sponsor, and their respective licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, each prize winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. By entering this Sweepstakes electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, Participants consent and agree to the Sponsor’s collection and use of the Participant’s information for the administration of this Sweepstakes and agree to Sponsor’s use of Participant information for the purpose of contacting Participant in relation to this Sweepstakes. For the avoidance of doubt, Participants are providing information to the Sponsors and not to Facebook or Twitter.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants release and hold the Sponsor Olympia Entertainment, Inc., the Detroit Red Wings, Inc., the National Hockey League and its Member Clubs, and their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertisers, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation causes of action, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the Participants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use Participant of the Prize. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Facebook or Twitter and all Participants agree to release and hold harmless Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability associated with or arising out of the Sweepstakes.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Sweepstakes Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE RELEASE GRANTED BY PARTICIPANTS HEREIN, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2)UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE,INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3)PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Michigan and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Michigan. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
11. AWARDING OF THE PRIZE: Each Winner must claim the prize in person and must present proper identification in order to receive winnings. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.